Common Tax Forms for Self-Employed and Freelancers

The most common tax forms that every freelancer and self-employed individual should know about are: Form 1040, Form 1040-ES, Schedule C, 1040-ES, Schedule SE, 1099, 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC and 1099 K. Tax forms. We've all seen them. At first glance, it looks like all you need to do is fill in the blanks, and you're done. But on closer inspection, they can start to look pretty complicated, like a mad scientist's to-do list or the manual to an interdimensional portal.